Black Moustache The Written Chapters: International Food and Cultures Fair

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

International Food and Cultures Fair

Korean food Topokki
Emm....yummy,yummy,for yesterday and today,my university is having an International Food and Cultures Fair.Too bad I couldn't go for it yesterday since my schedule was full. But I made a time to go the fair today after my 12 o'clock class,during my lunch time.Since my university has a lot of foreign students as well,there are many countries has joined the fair.There are Yemen,Nigeria,Iran,Myanmar,China,South Korea,Indonesia,Chad,Sudan and other countries as well.Forgive me for not remembering all of them,I've a bad memory capacity..:P
    I got all excited when I see various foods from different countries.I feel like I want to taste all of them.(^_^) I like food and I love to eat so much.It's probably the second thing I like to do the most beside sleeping..:D Alright,stop talking about me,it's the food that I want to talk about actually.Some of the food looks strange to me,my countries don't have most of the food in the fair(I think that's why the fair is held in the first place,right?). I learned a lot of other countries foods' name.I tasted a few foods too and it's all delicious. I met a lot of foreigner and we exchanged a little details about ourselves.
China La Mian^_^
    One of the most interesting things I get to see in the fair(beside eating those delicious foreign foods) is a guy from China making a la mian.La mian is a hand-pulled noodles.The Chinese guy folded,tossed and stressed a lump of dough continuously until it forms a long and thin strands of noodles.I watched the young Chinese guy(possibly in his early 20's judging from his appearance) did it a few times with amazement.He tossed and folded the noodles effortlessly as if it's a piece of cake and within a couple of minutes there it is,a beautifully made la mian.I asked him how long does it take for him to learn to do the la mian.He didn't know any English,so someone had to translate my question to his language.Then he answered it took him about one year and a half to learn it.I think he must have been doing it at least a hundred times everyday for him to master the skill.
    So what food do I get to taste during the fair?Sadly,I didn't have enough money to buy all the foods in the faair:"( So I chose a few foods that I wanted to taste.One of them,of course is the la mian noodles.After requesting the guy to make the la mian in front of me for two times,how could I don't buy it?I just have to taste the fresh hand-made noodles myself.Even at the first look,the noodles looked different from the one I used to buy from the local stall.And when I tasted it,it's even better.The taste is just right,I can't explain it.It has enough flavor and the textures were so smooth but not too soft and it's springy.And I love the sight of the imperfections in the noodles,like it's not well formed at a small end parts of it.You know,it's a hand-made noodles,so it's not the perfect cylinder-like noodles produce by the machine like you always see.
Korean pancake Pa Jeon^_^
    Besides the noodles,I also have a taste of Korean food.Is it because I watched too many Korean dramas,so now I'm interested in their foods too?But anyway,there are two foods that I tasted.Pa jeon and tteobokki.Pa jeon is like a Korean vegetables pancake.It is full with green onions and is eaten with a kind of sauce,to me it appear like a ketchup?I'm not so sure.When I asked the Korean,they tried to explain it to me,but most of the ingredients name are in Korean,so it's hard for me to know what it is.But it's definitely tasty and I want to eat it again if I got the chance.Probably I will search for the recipe in the internet and try to do it myself(^_^)That's even better.
    Topokki is a stir-fried rice cake and can be found at many streets stall in Korea.They told me it's hot and spicy(and it is spicy for me,but my friend said she didn't feel it's spicy,emm...depends on the person eating it) but anyway it's so tasty I want to eat it again someday!Hehe..too bad I can't taste all of the foods in the fair.There are also other foods from other countries that gained it's own fans,but since I didn't get to taste it,I don't know much of other foods,so I can't write it here.Besides China and South Korea;Yemen,Iran,Chad and Indonesia too have their share of the spotlight during the fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache