Black Moustache The Written Chapters: The Needs For Organ Donation

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Needs For Organ Donation

First of all,sorry that this post sounds kinda a little heavy,factual and well,some of you might think this is boring.But I hope you'll take a little of your spare time to read through it and hopefully you'll do some serious thinking after you've finished reading it.I think what am I going to talk about you have already know considering I have give this post an obvious title.Yeah,it's about organ donation.It can be quite a sensitive issue to some individuals and it might be an important topic to others.No matter how you see it,that's what I'm going to talk about right now.
    Recently,to fulfill one of my courses requirement,that's doing a small research of certain topic concerning the community in my place,my group has chosen to do a research on organ donation.We wanted to know what does our society thinks about organ donation.Are they supporting it or are they against it?Besides that,we also wanted to know among those who support organ donation,how many of them are actually willing to donate their organs?And if they don't what's the reason that prevented them from doing so?
    Since my country have many ethnicities and each individuals has different beliefs and practices,the result varies considerably.We got so many different opinions and reasons.It makes us realized that not everyone is thinking the same way about certain things.The way we are brought up,our beliefs and the people around us become the major factors that differentiate our perspective on something.
    So what's the result we've obtained from our little research?We have given out questionnaires to almost 60 people ranged from 18 to 25 years old,all of them are students in academic institutions beside interviewing an important individual responsible in organ donation affairs in our country organ donation center.I'm proud to say that all of our respondents agreed that organ donation is important to save someone's life and they are supporting it.Now,can you guess how many of them has registered themselves as an organ donor out of our 60 respondents?We found three organ donors out of our 60 respondents.That's about 5%,which means in every 20 individuals one is an organ donor.
    Based on our survey too,we found out that most people don't want to donate their organ because they don't know much about organ donation,so they are having doubt to donate their organ.This is probably because there are not much of organ donation programs around when compared to blood donation which is held countless of times each year in our country.Besides that,they are also concern about who will receive their organs.In this case,I think I'm not wrong to say that differences in background such as beliefs is the cause.It's a fact that all religions lead us to do good things and prevent us from doing wrong,however,for me it's the misunderstanding of perceptions from the individual itself that leads to such doubtfulness.(I feel like this has become sensitive,forgive me for my words..I'm sweating right now...hope I didn't write anything wrong).There are also respondents who are considering to become an organ donor but their intentions were prevented by their families and friends who don't understand much about organ donation.Again,it's the lack of understanding for organ donation that make this happen.
    All in all,after obtaining the data and analyzing it,I came up with my own conclusion and opinion.The way I see it,everyone is supporting organ donation as a  method to save someone's life.But not many of them are willing to be the organ donor due to the lack of information and understanding of this issue.Thus,I think the society need to be exposed and explained about organ donation so that they won't be scared to donate their organ anymore.There are still many nice people out there,who's willing to help to save other people life.It's just that they don't know how to and what's the effect to them.If organ donation is exposed more to the society,I'm sure many others will come forward to register as the organ donors.I've also noticed that there are more organ donors in developed countries like USA and Europe than developing countries like mine.I think this is because in developed country,the citizen has been given many exposure to organ donation while in developing countries,the effort to promote organ donation had only begun.
    So are you an organ donor?If yes,I'll give you my salute for being such an angel and always know,what you do are so heroic to me and to many others.And if you are not an organ donor,why don't give it a thought to be one?I know it's not an easy decision to make,for that I hope you'll give it some time to think about it and see if you're up to it.If even after all the thinking and you just can't make yourself to say yes to organ donation,don't worry,you're not a bad person.You just haven't had the courage to do such a heroic act.But still you can spread the words around and hope that someone will become an organ donor because of your effort.In this world,there so many kind things to be done and there are a lot of way to do it.So everyone can do their own parts in their own way.May the world will still be a good place for the next generations to come.Peace!v(^0^)v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache