Black Moustache The Written Chapters: You Are the Apple of My Eyes

Friday, December 16, 2011

You Are the Apple of My Eyes

Yes, time to tell you guys the recent movie I have watched..^0^ This time it's a Taiwanese movie that tells a true story that happens to the Taiwanese author, Giddens Ko. I guess some of you may have watched this movie and some of you may not have even the slightest idea what this movie is about. Ehmm..from the title, I expected such a cute, innocent puppy love of two teenagers with a dramatic twist the kind come from Secret (Bu Neng Shuo De Mi Mi) directed by Jay Chou (my crush!). Well, my guess came somewhat close to that, except for the dramatic twist part, and the cute part. I watched this story without subtitle, so I might missed a few important parts, please forgive me for that, since I'm using my limited mandarin to watch it..:)

This story takes place in 1994 when the main character, Ko Ching-Teng (Ko Chen-Tung) was 19 years old. Ching-Teng is a troubled students, who likes to prank his friends and does not pay attention to the lesson. In their class, there's a girl named Shen Chia Yi (Michelle Chen). Shen Chia Yi is liked by all teachers and students because of her good grades and good student attitude. Many boy students including Ching-Teng friends wanted to date Chia Yi, while Ching Teng on the other hand claimed that he has no interest in her. He was told to sit in front of Chia Yi after breaking a school's rule and that was the start of their friendship. After Ching Teng gives her his English textbook when she forgot to bring hers, Chia Yi decided to help Ching Teng to improve his grade. The two of them spent time together to study.

After graduation, they separate to enroll to different universities. Ching Teng called Chia Yi almost every night while they are separated. They eventually went to their first date during Christmas holiday. Ching Teng wanted to show Chia Yi his "manly" side and so he asked her to come to watch a duel he arranged with another guy. However, Chia Yi thought he's stupid and childish to injure himself that way and this lead to their first argument. Ching Teng was mad since Chia Yi does not appreciate his effort and so they broke up. On 2004, Ching Teng got a phone call from Chia Yi, inviting him to her wedding ceremony. Ching Teng and his friends come to Chia Yi's wedding and watched her walked down the aisle with another guy. It was a happy moment for all of them. After that, Ching Teng started to write a novel about his love story with Chia Yi.


Well, this is the first film directed by Giddens Ko and this is his true love story. It is said the name of the characters in the movie are the real name of the real person. It's a very simple movie with no complicated plot and twist. It may not be good enough as other dramatic, emotional love story, but I think it's really honest and by that it's closer to the audience that other movies. Most of us can relate this story to our own puppy love when we're still in school. Truthfully, watching this story made me thought about my own school memories. The typical behavior of students and teenagers, such as reading comic book during class, playing cards, playing prank on your best friend, disturbing girls, and forgetting to bring your textbook to class all is shown in this movie. The time when you're staying late at school to revise when the exam is near and hanging on the phone every night with the person you like, this is really what happened to many of us. Watching this movie, it reminds me of my own memories and I started to think, if I can go back to school again, what would I change? If I know what's the other person feeling at that time, what would I do exactly? Emm...

Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache