Black Moustache The Written Chapters: What They Say?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What They Say?

Yes, just like the given title..that's what exactly I'm going to talk about today. I just feel the need to write about this since it's happening continuously around me, no matter where I am. This has been happening to me all the time, as far back as I can remember. And I can't help but admit that it does affect me gradually, dragging me away from my initial pathway. Alright, just what's this thing I'm talking about or am I just spouting nonsense now? Well, it's about how certain (should I just say most?) people around me have been acting all the time.

The overwhelmed feeling of afraid to look stupid and embarrassed in public have really become a trend to people around me. Yeah, I know, everyone doesn't want to look stupid and being embarrassed in public, sure enough. But perhaps some of us have redefined these two terms? What does look stupid means? What does being embarrassed actually refers to? Does saying "I don't know" make you look  more stupid than saying "Yes, I've heard it before but I forgot about it" when you're unsure about something? Does entering a class already full of students make you feeling embarrassed even when the fact is other than your friends no one else really notice it?

These are the kind of thing that happens around me. Everyone is just too shy to do anything when people they don't really know are around them. I know, we all have our shyness when we are around people we are not use to. But shyness needs a limit. If we're too shy even to ask our own lecturer about whether there's a class on holiday, then I think that's a problem. If we're too shy to ask the salesgirl at the shop for the price, then I think it's troublesome. If we're too shy to go anywhere alone, and have to ask a friend to accompany us even to the nearest grocery store, then I think there's really an issue. It really drives me crazy when a group of people is pushing each other just to ask the lecturer a simple question, like they are about to get scold if they ask it.

Maybe it's just me, but I really can't stand people who are too shy to do anything even a normal thing in public. We need our shyness, our humbleness but if it's too much, it can be troublesome. Of course, whatever we do, people will talk just like some of us talk about others when we see someone doing things we don't usually do. That's how it is. But if we really want to care about all the talks and the stares, the drawbacks are on us. We certainly are not able to experience many things in life, due to our shyness.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post too! I'm one of those people, too shy to ask for anything. If I'm at the store, I can't seem to ask anyone for help no matter what. Even if they ask me if I need help! Ugh. I hate it. I'm not sure how to change it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's all about being confident and try to not think too much about being shy...I can totally understand about how others feel, but with so many people acting this way around me, it's overwhelming and it can also affect me to be too shy just like them. There's so many things we're going to miss if we're too shy in public..:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache