Black Moustache The Written Chapters: Cell & Tissue Cultures Practical

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cell & Tissue Cultures Practical

Alright, let's mark it in our calendars, no, I mean in my calendar, this is the the first time I actually post anything about the course I am taking right now. So maybe you guys don't know, I am currently a second year student in a local institution, pursuing my degree in biotechnology. So the new semester has just started and we have done a few experiments. One of it is related to the culturing techniques. A few weeks ago, we were actually culturing various plant parts into the culture medium.

The medium we were using is MS medium with hormones. We worked in laminar flow, but since the condition of the laboratory is not sterile enough, we still have contamination. We looked at our tissue a week later and some of them has started to produce roots and shoots and for my cases, I had a few contaminated tissues..:"(
But well, it's a new experience and I know we're going to culture a lot more after this. I don't actually like practicals and experiments, but right now I'm trying to have fun in everything I do and I want to make it meaningful, so I'm looking forward to our next experiment when we're going to deal with animal. I can't imagine what animal has anything to do with culture though. Have you ever did this experiment or something similar to it? Do share with me, I want to know how others did it. If you have any information please leave it in the comment too. I really hope anyone will share their experiences with me.:))
This one is cultured from a tiny segments of leave


One of my contaminated cultures, so sad..:"(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache