Black Moustache The Written Chapters: Things That I Like About The Prince of Tennis

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Things That I Like About The Prince of Tennis

I just thought that I should do a post about this since I like this series so much.There are actually a lot of reasons why I like Prince of Tennis(lol,I feel like I'm writing a school essay,haha,whatever).But I'm just going to put it generally though.And you can compare my reasons with yours too.^_^

Cool tennis techniques
        This is probably among the first reason why I like this series since the beginning.The authors,even from the start have introduced a few cool techniques in tennis at the beginning of the series.And with every new episodes,there are a lot more techniques being introduced and there are also improvement in the existing techniques.So it makes me interested to see all those middle-schooler performing various kind of cool techniques in tennis.It's also because of this series I've grown a fond in tennis.But I've never really try it.I hope one day,I can play tennis although I'm not going to be as good as the characters.In the series,the techniques I like the most is Ryoma-san's twist serve.Although it's a pretty basic technique for an advanced player,and it can be returned,I still think it's cool.This techniques will make the ball to curve towards the opponent's face instead of curving away from the opponent.This can be done by using Eastern backhand grip.Besides Ryoma,there are also other characters who can use this technique really well.However,this technique varies slightly according to the players who use it.Other character who also use it is Akaya Kirihara from Rikkaidai Fuzoku Middle School.

Ryoma Echizen
       Lol-ing at myself.Can this be considered as the reason as well?Come to think of it,perhaps this is the main reason why I stick to Prince of Tennis until the end and until OVA,National Tournament and all the mini stories inside it.Ryoma is a 12 year old freshman at Seishun Gakuen Middle School.Despite his young age,he's so talented in tennis and is able to defeat most of the other tennis players in the school although they are older than him.He'd also defeat Seigaku's regular such as Momoshiro,Kaidou,Inui and Oishi.However,most of the techniques he's used are copies from his father,a former professional tennis player.With the help of the other regular members and the captain,Tezuka,Ryoma soon developed his own tennis style and have the chance to perform in the American Tournament.So what I like about him?Too many things,so I'll just say he's a the kind of character I'll like.Haha..so annoying,right?

Awesome Characters
      Besides Ryoma,the other characters are great too.In fact the author has took detailed studies in creating each characters in the series.Everyone is unique in their own way.There are the quiet Tezuka,the mother-like Oishi,the childish Eiji,the strong Takashi,the data-wise Inui,the straight-forward Momo and the shy Kaidou(I said he's shy because he blushed when people praise him).There are also other recurring characters from other schools which become their opponents during tournament.Among the most outstanding characters are Atobe Keigo(Hyotei Gakuen),Akaya Kirihara(Rikkaidai Fuzoku),Tachibana Kippei(Fudomine) and Mizuki Hajime(St.Rudolph).

Passion for tennis
       This is shown throughout the series.All of the characters have a strong passion to keep playing tennis.Although they are constantly being tested with so many problems,their strong will not to give up and to be the best tennis team in the Japan and also in the world,make them persistence.They are willing to sacrifice their times and energy to make their dreams come true.Tezuka and Oishi are among the fews who have risk their own health in order to play in the tournament.Despite his long-term injured of his elbow,Tezuka still played and gave it his all in the tournament.This is also true for Oishi,the vice captain who accidentally injured his wrist.

Interesting plots
       You may think that since this is a tennis-based series,there should be matches and tournaments non-stop.Well,that's not entirely true.There are also a few episodes where there are no tennis matches and the characters are merely slacking around.And yet it still an interesting episode.This is probably because of the charm of each character  that you can never really get bored when you watch this series.Even during matches,the plot is built so nicely that you couldn't wait to know what would happen next.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache