Black Moustache The Written Chapters: Beast Teaching on L.O.V.E

Monday, October 14, 2013

Beast Teaching on L.O.V.E


(〜^∇^)〜(〜^∇^)〜(〜^∇^)〜First let us dance to celebrate Beast for their comeback and new album. This is a happy occasion for all the fans especially B2uties. I’ve always like Beast for their songs and also their main vocal Yoseob (gwiyeowo) and their rapper Junhyung (so cool, so Beast!). I actually learned to dance to a few of their songs like Fiction and Beautiful, just because I love the dance choreography so much.

But their recent comeback shows another side of them. The title song Shadows is written by Junhyung himself and it revolves about a person who doesn’t want to leave his loved one and doesn’t mind to be the shadow so that he will always be there for her. The concept is very much like their previous songs and the choreography as usual, only belongs to Beast. It shows their cool, manly side very well and I really like the dance. Dongwoon, the maknae has described the dance as hating someone and beating him before you reconcile back in Weekly Idol. You guys should watch it. It was so funny and weird at the same time the way he was explaining about the dance.

More than their title song though, I’m more hooked up in their other songs especially How to Love and You’re Bad. I can’t help to fall in love with the way the lyrics were written so poetically in both songs. Especially in How to Love, it’s beautifully written in the first verse where it sums up what love is all about that one should know. The lyrics narrowed the point right into the basic of loving someone which many have overlooked nowadays. It pointed out how falling in love can be easy if only people disregard a few things that has stopped them from doing so. I feel like the song is directed to people like me who find it hard to fall in love or even to like someone. For that reason I feel so attached to the song as though someone is telling me what I should have done to be able to love.

Contrary to How to Love, You’re Bad deals with a guy who still can’t get over his ex and couldn’t understand how his ex could forget him so easily and move on. He hates her for being happy without him and hoping that she would be unhappy so that she would come back to him. It's quite catchy and I've been pretending I'm Dongwoon ever since by singing the chorus part all the time. Apparently, many of the songs take a spin on a broken relationship. I don’t know if it has anything to do with the member break up (ehem, you know who), but I can feel the sincerity in this album and I don’t think it is done just base on one factor and it’s definitely not being done hastily either.

Maybe some of the fans don’t like their new songs since there are not many dance numbers and also slow beat, but for me, they have improved a lot and this album is much more meaningful when you look at the lyrics of each songs. I'm falling in love with them all over again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache