Black Moustache The Written Chapters: A cloud's silver lining

Friday, November 15, 2013

A cloud's silver lining

Misfortune had just hit me right on my face a few weeks ago. It is the worst thing that ever happened in my life. And just what is that? I got stolen. I lost my scholarship money for the entire semester and also my cellphone while I was entering the faculty computer lab and left my bag at the outside. I didn't even realize it until about two hours after that. And by that time, it was already too late. The culprit has withdrawn all my money from my ATM card.

After repeating it for about hundreds of time to different people while filing a report to both the police and the security of my university, I really don't feel like going through all the details once again here. So the gist is I got stolen big time and what even worse is that I saw the culprit through the security camera although it's rather blur and still there's nothing could be done to catch that scum (mind my term). All I can think until now is that, all the security cameras were useless if it can't even make out what's the skin color or the distinct features of one's face. Well, CSI officers, just where the hell are you right now?

As far as I'm aware, catching the culprit has the same possibility as catching a big foot right in the middle of the city. That's another way of saying impossible and let's just get over it and let's find something else to do instead. I can't even rely on the police. It's embarrassing to say, but for me the police in my country is not the most trustful and reliable person I can depend on. And with the attitude the police in charge of my case is showing, I had even more less faith that he's even doing anything to get the case solved.

Anyway I received a lot of helps and supports from my friends all the while I'm making the reports, renewing my card and clearing all other messes the culprit had made. If it weren't for them God knows if I can even manage everything on my own. I am really grateful to them although I can't really express it. I wish I can say more than thank you to them, but there's really nothing I can do for now. I realize then how true is the saying that what one can do to others is being there for them.

One of my friends gave me some money although I refuse to take it at first. I don't really feel good to receive it since what she has done by accompanying me the whole day is more than enough. I really should pay her back. And others have collected some fund for me which also I received it. To be honest I really don't want to receive the fund since it's from many people, but as I think about it, I can refuse a money from one person but how can I ask them to return the money back to all the students who have gave it? It seemed rude and I have no choice but to accept them.

Maybe some will wonder why I make such a big deal about receiving money and help from friends. But for me it is. The reason why I don't expect much from others and don't really attach myself to others is because I don't want to depend to them so much and also I don't want to treat them differently. I don't want to treat a friend a little nice because she's nice to me while giving another friend a cold shoulder because she's not helping me with anything. Friends with benefits? I don't think it even should be called as friendship. Friendship should be honest and pure. If not it's nothing but just a mere relation between two people.

I just hope I can stay true to myself and will continue to treat others the same. To the friends who have been helping me all this while I can only receive their helps and say thanks, but how I wish they know how grateful I feel towards them. I'm lucky to have them as my friends. And from now on, I'm just going to hold onto the hidden silver lining of this cloud in my life...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache