Black Moustache The Written Chapters: Exciting Day for L.A.D.I.E.S

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Exciting Day for L.A.D.I.E.S

"Beside a successful man is a successful woman"


Just like the sentence above which was voiced out by one of the forum member, I couldn't agree no more. Women do play an important role in the process of establishing a successful individual. To start with, everyone of us were born by our mother which is of course, a woman. Therefore,....wait up, why I feel like I'm writing an essay? Must have been because of the forum I attended yesterday. Now have to shake off those formalities of my head. Changing mode.... Done!


Whoop! I had so much fun yesterday going to the NIEW Ladies Carnival 2011 which was held at my university. Although I had classes on the morning of the day, but I still enjoy the carnival right after I finished my last class for that day. Well, before this girl right here started to rant about her exciting day at the carnival I think it'll be appropriate if I talk a little about the organizer. So what's NIEW? I thought they misspelled it for the word 'new'. But nah, that won't happen to such a big event right? Well, NIEW stands for NAM Institute for the Empowerment of Women which was established on 2006 with the main objective, of course to increase and help the empowerment of women generally.


So there's a lot of activities which is mostly related and given consideration for women with various sponsors booth on the location. There were a few forums starting from early in the morning until late in the evening all were related to women issues and future. Besides that, there were also make up workshop (I actually joined it although I didn't know half the things the speaker was teaching, I don't usually wear any make up tbh) and motivation program and a lot more.


I was forced (okay that's not really the word I want to use, but you know the kind of situation you'll get when the organizer came to you and simply drag you to play their game which you know you just wouldn't do it in public place. But you'll still do it in the name of being supportive and try to have fun in it) to play that kind of gladiator game. Whatever it is, it's embarrassing and I was the first one to fall. So much for me, but I still had fun in it. I've never play it before but now I have ^^. So it's cool.


Other than gladiator, they also have soapy football (trust me, it's really soapy and everyone keep falling, rather than playing football, they looked like they were playing some water game), climbing, and treasure hunt and hot air balloon ride. On the night they had local artists performance from various genre. I enjoyed the beat-boxing the most I guess.


It was a really exciting day and I got a lot of goodies such as free magazines, recycle bags and T-shirts. I really think one day is not enough for this kind of event since there were a lot of activities that you need to catch up with. But anyway, it's still fun and I hope my university will have lots more events to come so we can always find a place to chill after all those torture moment in class and lecture hall.


So in the end, do this carnival benefits me? Yes, it is. I get to play things I don't play before, I registered as a volunteer for society programs, I started to know the basic of make up techniques and stuff and I definitely enjoy all those goodies they were giving. I hope everyone else have a nice day too.^0^


The stage for the night performance
Source: NIEW Ladies Carnival 2011

Soapy football
Source: NIEW Ladies Carnival 2011


The Inspirational Wall, I write one too^^

Want to know more about NIEW? Let's check out their webpage,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Rainbow Moustache Black Moustache Black Moustache